Monday, August 16, 2010

Feelin' like a Wreck

Running through a forest of falling trees, doesn't put my mind at ease. Tripping over shattered dreams, coming apart from the seams. Staring at the orbital clock ticking away in the sky. Why must I always be the one to say good-bye? I hate to say good-bye :( I hate the prospect of never being together again. I think it should be a sin to say good-bye. Crying tears so sweetly, watching as the world falls apart so neatly. Sleeping in a sea of lavender, wishing I were a lover of all things purple. Emptying my thoughts into an empty book full of sterile pages. Painting elusive thoughts so swift. Tracing the lines running down my face. Chasing whispers carried by the wind. I feel as though I'm being toyed with, as if a part of some elaborate hoax. Unable to laugh at other people's jokes, I adopt the reaction of thespians. Cleverly ascertaining each repose: deducing the where & how. Slipping through the slit in the back of a bar, dosing off at the wheel--crashing into cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment